Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, I am missing home more so today then usually. I think because I have not heard from my family in about two weeks, I guess they are not thinking of me since I am so far away. I was of course on the New London day websight reading the news and a few things stuck out in my mind. Mystic now has a webcam on the Drawbridge and downtown, so even if I can't be in Mystic, CT I can see what is going on, how very cool. You get to it by www.sectline.com, Or just go to Mystic Chamber of Commerce and they have the link up just in case I am wrong and missed a letter which sometimes happens.

The other thing that stuck out was it has been 4 years since the Station Fire and my heart still can see the news and the devastation of the 100 people who lost their lives, I did not know anyone personally but that does not mean I feel any less for these people's loss. I did not realize that the court cases are over and the most anyone got was 4 years, we all know it was not intentional and the stage manager will have to live with this accident for the rest of his life, but what about the Fire Marshall's who never sited the bar for the insulation? What is right? I have no idea but it is definately something to think about. Another reason not to own a bar... I wanted to in my early 20' s an so glad I didn't it is such a responsiblity, if I thought my job was stressful that would be even worse. I remember when I bartended, my biggest fear was someon I served out on the road an might hurt someone or themselves. I took it seriously, and was known as a tough a** because I would not overserve. No one, will thank you for that, but it gave me piece of mind. So, next time you are in a bar an the bartender cuts you off or someone you know, do not yell an call them names Thank them, they are only looking out for your safety.

Enough of my soap box today, IS SPRING HERE YET? I am so ready for Spring which is so funny due to not much of a winter down here in North Carolina. I am still dieting, it is now 6 weeks, and I will be seeing my sister in about 3 weeks all size 4 of her, so I would love to lose another 10 lbs before I see her, vain yes but in my mind it all makes sense.

No comments: