Wednesday, February 21, 2007

There was a song on the radio today, which brought back memories of first when I had to make a decision I wasn't ready to make and when I started liking younger men. The song was "Open Arms' by Journey, the year would of been when I was 15 years old in high school. I had two boys via for my attention, 1 Jimmy B 2. Jimmy M, both were 14 years old and freshmen in high school while I was a Sophomore. Jimmy M. was on the swim team with me cute, stocky, freckles an very sweet. Jimmy B. was on the freshmen football team, tall, dark an handsome. Both good kissers, and I liked them both in different ways.

I had to choose who would be my boyfriend, and I picked Jimmy B. because someone else explained to me, that due to Jimmy M. and I were on the same team he would forgive me and we could be friends. I never felt so awful about hurting someone like that, choosing one person over another is awful, it has happened to me later in life and of course, I was the one dumped on. Jimmy B. and I did not last too long but it was intense, our song was Sailing by Christopher Cross (before MTV), an I can remember a memorable make out session at Kenny's house in Norwich, CT. I do also recall making out with Jimmy M. at this guy Mikes party.

Jimmy B. and I broke up because I went to another house party, which since I was babysitting my brother was not suppose to be there and dragged my brother along ( I was of course grounded afterwards), an Jimmy B. was making out with another girl. END of US.

Two years ago, I heard from both Jimmy's, they found me on Reunion.com, and they are still good friends an live in the Boston Area, successful marriages and careers. We were going to get together in Boston later that summer but they never got back to me as it got closer. My fiance then (husband now) thought their wives wouldn't of wanted to meet me. Why? It was over 20 years ago. I admit (1) of my main reasons was to see what they looked like, to me they will always be those 2 boys who tugged at my heart and still to this day make me smile when I think of that innocent time in our lives.

Songs can make you feel and think of past times, future and of course when you are going through a breakup every song on the radio seems to be a lost love song to bring you in more into the depression. Just a point my husband is 5 years younger than myself, so I do thank both Jimmy's for making me look at younger men in a whole new light.

No comments: