Sunday, February 04, 2007

I am a TV holic, no matter what the TV has to be on in my house. My husband hates it, so on this Sunday morning I watched "Grand Hotels" with Samatha Brown from 9am-10am an then turned it off, I think my husband thinks I must be sick or something. He is finally putting up the shelves in order to put our books out, and get them out of the boxes that they have been in since we moved in September 19, 2006, why the rush you ask? His parents are coming to visit the first weekend in March. We do love company and my dad an his wife visited back in October, this just feels different, they are visiting us, not on their way back from Hilton Head and stopping for 24 hours.

According to my mother in law they have been on "Nutri System", since my husband's dad retired back in September. We are on Turbo Jam, which I know I have mentioned so it will be nice to see what progress all of us has made. His parents are such wonderful, down to earth people, who love to travel, they went to Hawaii in October, and after us going to Raleigh and on to Florida. I hope when we are able to retire we will travel too. We so enjoy exploring new places, we are hoping to make a big trip either at the end of this year or beginning of 2008 to England.

For me it will be 20 years since I have seen it and for him 10 years, an we both know so much has changed. It is a good day, just the two of us working around the house and me trying not to veg in front of the Television, I am thinking a walk in the afternoon will do us good, because looking at 4 walls for two days is on my last nerve. Last night, we went to the Grocery store so I could get out of the house excited aren't you? Our life right now is limit our spending to get compeletly out of debt... It is a noble effort, an if we had more friends we would invite them over, just to break up the boredom. We want to buy a house in 2 years so this is very necessary, especially since we are not quite sure where we want to buy, still on the search for our Starrs Hollow, to me the midwest is our best bet, but he is very wary of that. If by some chance we won alot of money it would be Key West, Fl all the way, in order to live there you need money. Of all the places I have visited in my lifetime, the two before Key West I want to live no way could I ever afford, San Francisco, CA or London, England.. Maybe a little condo or apartment in each to visit. I love to dream, what are your dreams?

1 comment:

Robert Kelly said...

Hi Paula, I read your post after having it pop up on the Google Watch I maintain for Key West. We moved here in 1999, and have lived here in two separate stays, 1999-2002 and 2004-present. We publish a blog about living here, http://therealkeywest.blogspot.com that you might find interesting.

Funny, Winston-Salem is a place I've never been, but it's always been one of the places where I think it might be nice to live.

I agree with you about San Francisco and London, two of the really great cities of the world. Others we've visited and liked: New York City, Boston, Seattle, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam. Let's see, that's eight. Two more and I'll have my top 10.

Good luck on getting the house. It'll be worth the self-deprivation.

By the way, you might be surprised at what a family can live on in our fair city. Houses are hugely expensive, but rents, though high, can be affordable if living in a beautiful place like this is a priority. There are plenty of jobs available; some of them even pay a decent wage. The median income is around $58,000, although the average wage-earner is paid far less.