Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I have two things to talk about today, first the Gilmore Girls last night, BORING... I actually flipped around the channels, where are the old writers? The Oneies were not even funny, I was very disappointed this whole season I have been waiting for Lorelai and Christopher to break up an then the whole Luke resolve and Scott Patterson (Luke) looks awful this season and I have no sympathy for any of my characters except Rory, now Logan is going back to his childish ways because he failed at his first venture. I am sad and disappointed in a show I have loved since it started.

The second is about my new home town of Winston-Salem, NC, there was a council meeting last night about a new development and the homeowners who do not want it to happen and are upset an a bit scared about what this means for them. The Council memembers reassured them that their land and homes are not endanger. I would like to believe that and have faith in the system but being from Southeastern CT and watching Kelo vs. City of New London due to "Eminent Domain", she lost her house along with the other people in the lawsuit and it went right up to the Federal Supreme Court. Just an added note that was about 18 months ago finally settled and nothing has been developed or started developing on that land. It is now just empty houses on that land, was it worth it? Taking people's homes? Some of those people have lived in their homes for their whole lives. So to the Winston -Salem residents upset about their livelhood and not really trusting the politicans be very careful, anything can happen.

As citizens how do you feel about Eminent Domain, that you can work and work, buy your dream house, raise your family and decide I want to live out my days in this house, and "WHAM" the government says for the good of the economy we need to take your house and you can not do anything about it.

No comments: