Friday, December 21, 2007

Ok, it is the time of year you rack your brain for the perfect gift for your loved ones. My husband and I are having a bit of a money flow issue this Christmas, so we made sure to look for perfect gifts for our families and worry about ourselves later on. I have found some wonderful gifts for the women in my family it is the men I have some issues with. We are going out this afternoon, for my nephew Will (age 10), nephew Michael (age 17) and my brother in law Paul.

I have enlisted my sisters for their help, but they are as lost as myself. Now, If I had money, this is what I would buy for my wonderful husband of mine. I have written before on his obsession with the Store, "Levenger", he would love the Leather Mail Sorter, or the Bookcase and of course the Desk Chair. He goes on the webpage and drools, someday, we can shop like we want for now, he can have a picture of his dream. Personally, I love the Boulevard Tote from Levenger, I do not really need up here in Maine, but still want it.

My wonderful husband, shoveled our driveway (60 feet anyway) yesterday, and we are suppose to get more snow on Sunday. I can not believe he did it but it needed to be done and we can not afford to get it plowed. Another gift I would love to get him is a Hot Stone Massage at the Spa at Norwich Inn, I offered and he said "no" we will save up for it when we go up there in March to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.

He asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I was flipping through the Oprah magazine at the time, and saw some wonderful gift ideas like teh Bathrobe by Derek Rose, or the Black Boots by Leslie Gallin, and of course the black trench coat, Lafayette 148 New York. But instead of saying any material thing, all I wanted for Christmas was him to be happy, healthy and his business become a success. He is working really hard on making his home business a success, we are getting by on my salary for now, as long as we stay healthy, have a roof over our heads and food on the table what else is there? We use no credit cards, so if we can not pay cash for it, we do not need it. I have always lived above my means, but for now, this will have to do.

I have never been happier, than I have been these last 3 years with Stephen. We are truly blessed people from the outside may not believe it, but we do. We are saving for our Anniversary to us that is a celebration. We got married late in life, but are still young at heart and newlyweds always have to find their way right?

I want to wish everyone out there a Very Merry Christmas, and realize what is really important in life not the materials it is the person you are sharing your life with, and God.

No comments: