Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Recap:

I had a wonderful Christmas, we drove down from Maine to Mystic, CT on Sunday, Dec. 23 and stayed at the Residence Inn in Mystic. We did change rooms, the first room was nice but it was a Studio, I wanted a seperate bedroom, and luckily they could make that happen. We went and visited my brother and his family in Norwich to their house that I had never seen,they moved in when we moved south.

On Sunday, night, I met my friends Tom and Glenn out for a drink and some appetizers at AZU in downtown Mystic. Tom's girlfriend Judy and Glenn's Stephanie could not make it, so it was just us (3).

I love the food there, Tom and I have gone there everytime I have been home in the last year, as we walked in I met my friend Bill Hall who actually owns AZU, he and I worked in another restaurant together in Mystic, he is an excellent Chef, and loves working the front of the house, so a big CONGRATALATIONS! ON your new adventure, and so far it is a smash hit.

Stephen stayed in the hotel and met his friend Christian and they played "RISK", and then when I got back we went and ate Sushi, so I could get the dirt on Chrisitan and his girlfriend Jenn, they will have been together a year in January, so I wanted to see where it was going. My husband Love of my life, does not always ask the right questions what is with men? Then we came back and they again, played another game of Risk, and I watched movies. ( SEE WHY I NEED A SEPERATE ROOM)

Morning of Christmas Eve, we met our friend Claudette for breakfast at "Somewhere in Time" on Rt. 184 in Groton, it was fun, we laughed and talked about the upcoming year, and everything that happened in 2007, also about losing Thomas. Then Stephen and I drove to East Lyme, to "BOOK BARN', his favorite book store, we browsed in there for about 45 minutes, then met mom at the hotel and then went and picked up my sister Gwynne and family and met the ride to Avon for the Family Christmas Eve gathering at my sister Lynne's house. Unfortunately, not everyone was informed of the time change this year, so the 2nd flow started arriving around 6pm, when the rest of us were leaving due to it was 1 hour and 10 minutes from where we were staying. When we got back to the hotel, Stephen and I watched, " A Christmas Story" drank some wine.

Christmas Morning was at Gwynne's, where besides Lynn and her family everyone was there, my mom and her first husband and latest husband. It has become a family tradition to have Christmas Breakfast at Gwynne's in Mystic. My littlest neices Maddie and Lizzie were the hit as always, watching little kids open presents and their reactions always make it more special.

I am not sure if my neice Sarah (12) liked her journal but I am hoping she will appreciate it and keep it up throughour her life.

I love everything everyone gave me, Lynn and her family gave me slippers that I love!! Gwynne wine rack with wine to go into it (unfortunately, wine does not last to long in our house), mom way overboard - but thank you I love my Coat, boots, sweater, scarf, necklace and Stephen's camera!!

We drove home and arrived in Maine aroudn 430pm, we unpacked the car, I unpacked our suitcase, put on our pj's and opened CHampagne and we celebrated our own Christmas. It was wonderful.

We had a great Christmas how was everyone else's?

No comments: