Friday, December 07, 2007

The Lamb pub see bottom of post:

Restaurants 2 of 3





I left off at Best Chowder, and believe me, I know there will be many of people out there who will definitely disagree or have their own opinions please feel free to write about them in the comment section.

BEST ICE CREAM:Mad Martha's in Vineyard Haven on the Island of Martha's Vineyard. When my family started going to Martha's Vineyard back in the 80's, we just loved to go downtown and eat Ice Cream. Homemade delicious and of course different varieties then any other, be prepared to wait in line for this Ice Cream but it is well worth the wait. If you want soft serve, no one beats Dairy Queen as far as I am concerned and no matter which Dairy Queen it is always great. Niantic Dairy Queen and Groton Dairy Queen in CT in the summer always have a line, not much of a shocker if you like soft serve ice cream and the Blizzard!! How can you resist putting oreo cookie pieces of cookie dough into Ice Cream? They have any flavor you would want, Reeses Pieces, M &M and don't forget the sprinkles, personally Rainbow Sprinkles are my favorite.

BEST ITALIAN: OK, I have a few favorites on this in 3 different states:
Rhode Island - Basta's Italian Restaurant - Cranston RI - Authentic Italian Food, small but incredible veal!!
Connecticut - Anthony J's - Mystic. Small, intimate bistro No reservations allowed. You will wait but well worth it, try to get a window seat if possible. I always go for the specials on the board, when I have gone for lunch it is best to get a salad to split with your other guests because you will not eat it all and save room for your entree. Skip has been in business along time and always consistant and great.
Paul's Pasta- Groton. Small, casual be prepared to smell like garlic and taste it for a few days, they make their own homemade pasta, I always get 1/2 portion because I will never be able to finish a whole portion and then I get a salad with the garlic dressing. Cost under $10.00 for the food and wine and beer only. Go in the Spring and SUmmer and enjoy their patio.
MA - Ristorante Fiore- Boston. "One of the true gems of Boston's Historic North End is the fine casual dining of Ristorante Fiore. Authentic Italian Cuisine such as homemade pastas, seafood and veal and a one-of-a-kind dining experience make Ristorante Fiore a popular choice among locals and tourist alike. Enjoy your dinner in any of our three charming dining rooms or sidewalk café. Ristorante Fiore also offers the only seasonal rooftop dining making this the hottest spot in the North End. A perfect place for dinner and cocktails any night of the week."


I love Italian Food, when I would go out to dinner with the family I would go to Gondolier in New London (GONE), the dark wood in the dining rooms, the line of people drinking their wine in the hallway, no one complaining because it was always worth the wait.


My husband is not a big Italian food eater, so he and I do not really have any experiences together on this.


BEST BREW PUB: Well this could be a bit tricky but here goes for where I know. To me a good Brew Pub is the beer is good. Personally, I like a deep rich beer, like a Harp's or a Stella but not as deep as a Guiness.



Winston-Salem, NC : Foothills Brew Pub, Reccommend the Pilot Mountain Pale Ale or the Hoppyum Ale - Love their Sandwichs on the thick bread, and their French Fries just be prepared they have made their own Ketchup.Sampler of Beer worth the Price. If you have a private party, get the private room to the side, so much fun in there at one long table.


Greensboro, NC: Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing: Recommend the Old Town Brown Ale, also sit outside on their patio, you can see everything going on, and it wonderful. One of the best Reuben Sandwiches and believe me, my husband and I love Reuben's.


LONDON ENGLAND: In 1987, I went there with and old boyfriend and we worked in a Pub for two weeks as a bar couple, we lived above the Pub at that time Pubs were open until 11am then closed until 3pm, then close at 11pm. The picture at the top is of the Pub we worked at, called

The Lamb- Those windows I am showing you are so after people order they can close them so you do not have to talk to the "help". This was a wonderful place, we had regulars from the Teaching Hospital across the way, which made me rethink getting sick in London. Women drank 1/2 pints, because pints are for men, even though women could out drink the men. There was a dirty old man who had a cane ( he did not need), to lift pretty girls skirts up, he ripped my little slit a few time. At one time they got a baseball from a UCONN Coach who had visited and they were arguing about Cricket vs. Baseball. They could not believe how light the baseball was, then started to throw it around inside. We stopped them and brought them outside and taught them how to play Baseball. WE had fun, but believe me they will stick to their Cricket.

This was a Young's Brew Pub- Meaning the Brewery and the Beer is from Youngs. I love Young's brew pub but my favorite in London was Windmill on the Common, a WhiteHall Brewery tub Clapham South, well worth the ride.

MYSTIC CT: Harp and Hound, it was where my husband and I fell in love, but it run by and Irish couple from Dublin. One mothers day, my mom, sisters and I sat in there and had a ball drinking and laughing while my husband chased the kids.

What are your favorite restaurants? I have more to go it may be longer than a 3 part series, there are so many great places, what are yours and why?





No comments: