Thursday, December 13, 2007



I really admire and respect Oprah how can you not? She has worked so hard to get where she is and genuinely seems to appreciate people and what they do in their lives to make it a success.

Today, I sent a email to her from her magazine ( thank you mom for getting it for me), about productivity, because I did notice in her magazine there is things in there for each person, but does not seem to have articles on how to be more productive in your life. My husband has a websight all about productivity www.hdbizblog.com/blog. it may seem I am apparently selling my husband, this is not it. (maybe alittle bragging)

He has written and e-book on the subject, and made it easy to read right on line so you do not have to print the 28 pages (ink is expensive). My business is all about productivity, and detail oriented, especially due to being back in the wedding business. His book can help people and I passed it on to someone I respect. Nothing may come of it, but you never do know.

I will always like Oprah, to me her Book Club was/is great, she has had some of my favorite authors on there, my husband and I are huge readers so anything to bring it to the masses is only for the greater good in life. I hate to hear people say, books are out because of technology, I truly do not believe it. As Meg Ryan's character says in " You've got mail", when you read a book as a child it becomes part of yourself and who you become.

My Aunt Joan every Christmas would give me a book, and every year, I would be so excited to see what book I would get, to me a book someone chooses for you is one of the most personal gifts someone can give to you. As I get older, I get gift cards, just as good because when I am short of money, I still love going to the book store even just to browse and write down what my next book will be. We have spent many Sunday afternoons in bookstores looking for a copy of this and that, but it has to be a certain style for me.

I have found a great old copy of "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell in a Flea Market, or my warn copy of "Peyton Place" or " To Kill a Mockingbird". For me personally, I like to go to used book stores and get the classics that are not brand new, if there is writing in the margins, I want it even more to see what the other person's perspections of the book were, and make up my own story of who they are.

Even if I never hear from you Oprah, you are wonderful for everything you do for the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You gotta love Oprah!