Monday, May 28, 2007

This weekend, we drove on Saturday night to Morgantown, WV. In order for the husband to have a job interview at 10am at the resort that is thinking of hiring him. His interview again took 3.5 hours. I hung out in the room until noon then took myself on a job to see the area an apartments if he is offered the position. NO WAY!!!

Luckily, after seeing the property he realizes that the Resort needs so much work. First it needs atleast 5 million dollars in the cosmetics of the resort, the condo we stayed in would be nice if the wallpaper wasn't coming down, there was hair in the bathroom tub (not mine) all the windows need to be replaced an some new colors an bedding. For people that work there, on a Sunday of a weekend you had the GM, Assistant GM, Director of Catering all working because of 4 functions. Also, because the HR director who was suppose to be Manager on Duty called in sick. They obviously, do not have good Banquet Managers/Captains can not run functions. I know the GM is only 3 weeks there, I liked and respected him alot, but he has his work cut out for him.

My husband likes a challenge but this is huge in an area we both did not love. The best part of the area was the Lake, but it is still not the ocean. So, we are staying put for the moment and I am very happy about that. I have really begun to enjoy Winston Salem, we have made some friends, and I was looking forward to the summer here. We had planned on being here 2 years before moving again, saving money etc... I am not saying if the right opportunity was not offered we would not seriously think about it.

I have decided not to dream of any particular area anymore and take what life offers, this is an adventure and we will continue to grow an learn more about the United States and what feels right for both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet.