Saturday, May 19, 2007

Good Morning Readers, as if... Yesterday, I cried at work, and then I realized it was not the first time. I believe since the first time I started working in the Hotel/Restaurant business in 1984 in Farmington CT I have cried over a dozen times. Never in front of clients (that I can remember) but definately behind the scenes. I am not a cryer, I cry when I get frustrated, because I can not hit so not ladylike besides what am I going to hit?

Why do you ask do I cry? The reason definately vary but the theme running through is clients have no respect for my position or basically anyone in my field. It is as if we are not really working as if they are right? My husband an I have decided to write a book (or shortstory) on experiences we have had in all the years we have both been in the business for myself it has been well over 20 years, for him about 12 years. He trained in the restaurant business in New Orleans, could he have been in better hands to learn this trade? Not really, it definately has some of the most innovative, fresh restaurants in the world.

New Orleans expects the best in the field, and if they can not find them, they will train why doesn't everyone feel that way? So, if you have any stories please share them, I would love to hear what other people think.

1 comment:

alphawoman said...

People are rude everywhere, to every one they think they can get away with it, and in the most part in every industry where someone pays for something.