Thursday, May 10, 2007

I want to acknowledge that I was wrong the last two weeks has been new Ghost Whisperer and from the websight, it looks like I missed quite the season finale. I will watch the next one, an wait for summer reruns. I am over the fact my Gilmore Girls will not be back, maybe there will be another good show put into the time slot there is always "hope"..

What is up with the weather lately? Tornadoes in the midwest, wild fires all over, flooding? It is nuts, no I do not think it is the end of the world but it does seem a bit strange or does it? We were talking at lunch how when we were little, I know what the statement makes people think of their parents/grandparents talking about hard ships we could never imagine.

I was remembering the 1978 blizzard, Hurricane Gloria 1984 I believe are the two worst storms I have ever experienced in my life, the Blizzard I was "13" years old and Hurricane Gloria I was in college, long time for no real major storm. I now live in North Carolina so alot of the people I work with remember Hurricane Hugo as the worst storm. Which when I remember seeing the images on TV, I thought it looked horrible. Or that Earthquake out in California the opening day of the World Series, you would call it a subway series, because it was Oakland A's and the SF Giants against each other. None, of us will forget Hurricane Katrina and the devastation in New Orleans those images were very painful. Even close to 2 years later, it is so very sad what happened to the city and people.

I have never seen or felt an earthquake, or a Tornado in my life, those scare me more than a blizzard or Hurricane, maybe if I had lived through Hugo or Katrina I would feel different. It seems storms are becoming more fierce and more frequent then when I was a kid growing up in New England. Am I just imagining it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a combination of your imagination and the relentless media coverage of bad news.