Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This weekend was a week in between pay days, I can not really get used to getting paid every two weeks. No way can I imagine getting paid on a monthly basis. The husband and I had the weekend together, it was his Saturday off. We hung out in the morning on Saturday then we went to the bookstore an turned in some books, we got a credit an cash.. Now, being we are on 10 days with no money an actually are carpooling to work to save on gas. He has been at work 90 minutes early everyday because I work at 8am and he does not work until 9am an I drop him off between 730am an 745am every day. Having even a little cash is dangerous, we got a little more gas an being that is it up to $2.93 when we got some, an now is $3.02, I do mean very little.

Instead we used the credit bought some books went home and sat by the pool, an read and hung out, we did get a $3.00 bottle of white wine, which worked for me very well. Had a great dinner, an on Sunday, I finished my book from Sat. realized it is a two parter went back to the bookstore bought more books, then we treated ourselves to Ice Cream cones. It was a great weekend. We just hung out, talked, laughed and read, I actually did not watch as much TV as I usually do. I did drag him to "Marshall's" only for a bit to look at dresses for my class reunion. I found (3) I love and will go back this week to try on and see if they still have Lay away, I wonder if people still do that.

Of course, the dress I want is $50.00 and the shoes are $40.00, so Layaway would work good for me. I really do enjoy just hanging out with my husband and makes me appreciate it when we do go out for a treat, even an Ice Cream cone was great, it got us out of the house, and it made me feel on top of the world. We have downsized out of necessity but also because in 18 months we are planning on making our final move to Key West, FL. For 18 months we can be careful with our money, we have for these last 6 months what is the difference?

I know I watch way too much TV when we have no money, but this weekend didn't feel like I needed to lose myself it felt like I should stop being so selfish an realize all we have that has nothing to do with possessions or money it is about loving someone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give this a shot.