Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 125 no work. I was just reading my hometown paper the "New London Day", and there was and article in there about the "Whistle Stop" restaurant closing due to the economy. This was such a wonderful place, the people were great, the food wonderful and the price amazing for what you got.

My BFF and I went there for breakfast when I visited her, she lives right up the street. The whole economy is depressing, yesterday we tried to get Food Stamps just to help us out from the whole of neither of us working, and were basically told we are not poor enough. Since, family is helping us out and not charging us rent, we are not hard up enough for food stamps.

It took me along time to agree to actually try for them, I have never been on government assistance, my BFF told me that is what they are there for, so my question to the government, how poor do you need to be? My unemployment barely covers all our bills. I am feeling sorry for myself today, sorry about that. I do have some leads on jobs so next week, should be decision making time.

No comments: