Sunday, February 01, 2009

I was just reading and article on a father/son team going to appear on
"Amazing Race" this season, and my husband and I should of applied. We were on the road for weeks from 11/1 - 12/11/08, and surprisely did not get in that many fights.

When it is just the 2 of you going around the country in a car, you have to figure out if you truly love this person or at 70 miles and hour do I want to throw them out the car door just to see their head bounce off the highway. Not that I thought that, but being together 24/7 is hard enough doing that in a car with absolutely no space, no privacy is something entirely different. I can see why some of these people on the show get in tiffs.

When I lost my job, we packed up the house, put everything in storage and then decided to see part of the country. We went and stayed in OH, PA, IL, SC, TN, MO, WI and drove through even more states. After we left SC we came up the Eastern Seaboard and are now back in Maine, in Naples not Phippisburg now. We do leave today to drive back down to Lynchburg, VA I have a job interview there on Tuesday morning. Actually, it was a Lynchburg paper that had the article on the father/son team due to the father lives in Lynchburg. His son is actor/writer/director Mike White ( was Jack Blacks roommate in "School of Rock" and he actually wrote it too.)

My husband and I did not really fight on the road, but will admit right now being together so much living in my mom's spare room, we are getting on each others nerves. Lately, in the afternoon I will go up there alone not to nap but to have quiet time, just to be alone. You never realize how much you crave it when it is not easy to come by. When I worked I would miss my husband, and personally that worked best for us, so when we did have time off we enjoyed each other so much more.

Well, I wish all the contestants in the "Amazing Race", a safe and hopefully not fight filled time on the show. Good Luck!!

No comments: