Monday, January 26, 2009

I was reading the Portland Register from Portland, ME today, it was very upsetting talking about all the evictions and how high they have become. I do realize it is not the landlords fault it is the banks, mortgage companies etc, and they have to do what they have to survive. Then I read an article in the New London Day, and how Pfizer is acquiring Wyeth for $60 something million and how many jobs they will have to lay off.

I read another article from Portland about how hard it is for the 20somethings who are out looking for work, right out of college and how high unemployment is, give me a break, some of us ( me) who has been in the job market since I was 16 and am now 44 have been looking for 119 days, everyone is suffering.

We are lucky, we have family that is willing to let us live with them until we are back on our feet, not easy, and amazing how fast you can run through your savings when barely nothing is coming in, we were smart and gave up our rental when it happened so for us, that eliminated the oil heat, cable, phone, electricity, plowing and obviously rent. What I do wonder is with unemployment so high, why are rents still going up not down? Wouldn't it be best to at least have someone paying something then to have the apartment empty? I realize they have to pay their taxes but if nothing is coming it at all, then the taxes are right from their pockets with nothing else. Just a thought...

Still waiting to find out after my big job interview on Friday, I do have another one tomorrow with the owners about 5pm, but not putting any hope in the fact I most likely will still not know for awhile. I am just trying to make myself feel better by venting but I am really just trying to stay calm and not put all my hopes in one position.

No comments: