Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 124- Watching the news, and Montclair, NJ business going under and store fronts for rent. Chicago, IL the car industry lay offs, when big business was doing well and people were buying economy was up, but now people are very careful on what they will spend their money on or invest in, due to how many people are laid off everyday.

Unemployment up to 8%, over millions of people are unemployment and that number jumps every week. The husband has just applied for unemployment benefits now, and we went to Maine Human Services today, and since family is helping us out with not charging rent and letting us stay at mom's house for free, we are not hard off enough to get food stamps. I do understand, part of me wonders if we said, we lived in our cars and gave the car payments as our rent would that of made a difference?

I saw the people waiting and my heart went out to the people with children, no work is so hard for me, but if you are the one supporting your family as my brother what does that do to your psyche? He was laid off 2 weeks ago, and had to apply for food stamps and his unemployment will not kick in for another 3 weeks because about 5 years ago, that state overpaid him his unemployment and now are taking it out of this time around. Again, I know the state needs the money, but he has 2 little girls an a wife who can not work.

I worry so much about my family and friends and this economy is so very scary right now. My husband and I are luckier than most people our families are helping us out, and in my line of work is any hotel actually hiring?

We are leaving to go to Lynchburg, VA on Sunday, for a job interview on Tuesday morning. Doing my research on Lynchburg it is definately affordable, but when you go on the blogs on what people think of the area it is not good. I have never been there, so we have make our own decision and drive around after the interview to make sure it is what we want just in case they do offer the position.

What if both offer the position? Then I have to make a pro/con list which is best for me and the husband.

No comments: