Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 120: Going down to Exeter, NH for a 2nd face to face interview with the Owners of another property in NH. I will admit, being a bit nervous, but confidant I can do this job and do it well, the property is beautiful.

I was supppose to go to Lynchburg, VA contacted them and rescheduled to next week, which is perfect. It is suppose to snow tomorrow and I do not want to drive in the snow. Putting it off a week, will help us out financially too. Being back in Maine is not hard, but all this snow is driving me nutso!!!

It is so damn hard being out of work, and then you read in the paper of all the other people who are out of work, and how in this down economy how people are cutting their bills, including the food budget. For over 2 years, my husband and I have been very careful when shopping:

We have a list
Next to each item is coloumn for price,
A line at the end of each catergories
EXAMPLE: Produce, Meat, etc.
We also get the flyers of each grocery store and compare before shopping
Store brand products
Only by what is necessay

My husband is an amazing cook, so he does all the cooking, and we use the crock pot.
Chili, pot roast, turkey things we can keep eating for the next week, so instead of having to buy 6 entrees we can buy 3 and make them last. Ground Beef is the most versitile, burgers, tacos, chili, pasta surprise etc.

It is amazing how much one money you spend on trivial things and when it comes down to it, what do you need to survive in this world? This experience has made me reevaluate how I act and how we will survive.

No comments: