Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 121 without a job. The Portland Press Herald, Portland, ME has reported that in Maine the jobless rate has spiked to 7%,myself being one of those, just makes me feel as if is never going to get better. It is amazing how many positions I have applied for in these 121 days, and not alot of call backs for interviews, because Employers can now just wait for the best of the best to do some hiring.

I did have another interview with the property in Wolfeboro, NH last night, I still have no idea these people are hard to read, or they just want it that way, or I am so out of practice. He did give me alot to think about, and wants me to contact him today letting me know if I still want to pursue the position or not. Nothing he said scared me away, actually it made me even more determined.

I have finally realized why I want this position so bad, and the main reason is I want to salvage my reputation, I don't believe the people in Maine bad mouthed me but since I had never lost a job before it shook me to my core, and made me see if I just wasn't performing as I should have for them. I should've lowered the packages again to make it more affordable in this economy, I should of fought more for the lowering of the room requirements, I am not sure if these would of made a difference but you never do know now do you?

This property is a gem, and would be fun to sell and work at, luckily he did not say like a "family" which is what the Maine people said and then I was thrown out of the nest and never heard from any of them again. My husband has wiped them from his head, while I still think and rethink what could of been different? It is a worthless exercise and I know it but that does not make it any easier.

I did see a few good positions today on hcareers, one in MD and another in VA, I will apply and follow up and go from there, you never know where I will end up this year for work. In this economy, you have to know you still have options and I want to make the right decision for my family.

I will keep you posted....

No comments: