Thursday, June 14, 2007

Well, this weekend is another festival here in Winston-Salem, NC this is the Ribfest. We are very much looking forward to it, on Friday night when we are going there is a Shag Contest, for people not from the south it is a type of dance. I believe it started in the beach community, and has taken all over the state. There is a movie done in the 80's starting Annabelle Gish and Bridget Fonda, Phoebe Cates called "Shag" it is so much fun, rent it if you really want to know about the dance.

On Saturday night, we are going to our friends house for game night, we are looking forward to it. At Ribfest on Saturday night is the "Trashy Woman contest" you can win $250.00, sometimes I know I can be and dress trashy but I do not think it is the same level, it would be fun to see, I will have to wait and see how our evening goes I believe the contest is not until 9pm, so after a few drinks we may come down to see it. Could be quite interesting. I do love the fact down here is a festival almost every weekend in the summer and on Thursday and Friday nights music downtown Winston Salem.

Yesterday, was the day to catch up, I talked to Claudette who I will see in a few weeks, she had a great weekend too, she had the whole weekend off from her waitress job at "Mystic Pizza", yeah same place as the movie (sort of), an went to her first Yankee game at Yankee Stadium. It is a wonderful stadium even though I am a Red Sox fan, well they are tearing it down and building another one but not for a few years. Then I talked to Thomas ( will see in two weeks) and he has finally given his notice at his job that was not going well for awhile. Good for him, what is he going to do for now, he is going to enjoy being unemployed and either drive cross country the Northern route, or hike the Appalachian Trail, I think either would be so much fun, especially if you have the time and the money to enjoy yourself. I am a bit envious because I have always wanted to drive cross country, especially with no plan except to stop and see what ever strikes my fancy.

The to end my day I talked to Dacia who lives right now in DeKalb, IL she so needs to get out of there, she needs to get back close to the water. She also, is not working an is looking to move, where you might ask either Maine ( close to her mom), upstate New York ( her brother) or an new interesting place she has found called ready: Hell, Michigan (look it up) on line cool place. Why that place you may ask, not to say I am going to "Hell", nope there is a guy... She went up last weekend and spent her time up there with him, and she really enjoyed it. It is right on a lake and looks kind of cool, not my type of place but definately hers, I hope it works out for her, she needs something good to happen for her. It has been a tough few years for her, and I worry about her out there in the Midwest by herself way too much. It was nice catching up with my friends, 1 more to call tonight because he of course never calls me.

Dacia and I were talking about a friend of ours who we have no contact with anymore because his wife hates me an TG, and for some reason has cut Dacia out too. Personally, I hope he is happy, but if he an his wife break up he may not get his friendships back without working for it. He cut us out as if we don't count, and that is just plain wrong. Friendships are very important to me, and I cherish them and try to nuture them even miles away. What do you think about friendships?

No comments: