Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Everyday, I read my hometown paper the New London Day, and in the past few weeks, more and more pictures have been of the water, boats, summer stuff etc. It makes me long to be near the water again. I never realized how much it stinks to be landlocked. People, who have lived here their whole lives an find no problem in driving 5-6 hours to the shore because again they are used to it do not understand.

For me being so far from the water kills me, I used to love to drive the 30 minutes to the Ocean in Rhode Island in the winter, walk around Watch Hill in the winter when it is quiet and reflect on the direction my life and my families was taking. Also, I love swimming in the Ocean in the summer the salt water is just great on my skin. I now swim in a pool which isnt even refreshing due to it is as warm as if I was taking a bath. I have informed my husband that I realize our next move is not for 18 months but we need to be near water. Preferrable in Florida but I will take almost anywhere near the ocean. I need to hear the water, see the water and interact with the water. If that sounds strange ask anyone why they love living near the ocean.

No comments: