Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am going to rant for a minute on a lowlife actor.

Unfortunately, due to business I can not tell you who this is, until he checks out. Let me preface this with we had George Clooney, Renee Zellweger, Mikey Rooney, June Lockhart, Ed Harris, Jonathan Pryce ( father of Elizabeth in the Pirates movies) in the hotel and they were all respectful, nice, pleasant to everyone.

We now have a Sci-Fi movie being made here in the area and this actor who is not really famous, has taken to bulling our staff to get upgrades which the film production can not afford to pay for, an to get as much for free as possible. He was in a TV Series for over 5 years so you know he has money he is just being a compelete a**, he has put my front desk staff in tears twice.

So my question to the universe, is what right does he have? Also, as a hotel do people think we have to just take it? I feel in a hotel we have rights but never actual flex those muscles, for the reason of " The Customer is always right", something I do not believe in. Customers are not always right, and talking down to people, being disrespectful is not accepted. We will bend over backwards within reason to make your stay good but do not ask for the unreasonable.

When I did weddings, I had a groom forget his coat, I drove to the store myself an picked the exact one up because there was no time to go back to his house. Another time, a bride and groom forget they had to return their linen that was not from me, I drove the linen back to the rental place an hour away so they would not get charged extra. One of our front desk clerks gave our guests his tie, he was going to a big dinner and had no tie. These are within reason an it looks good for us to go the extra mile for a client.

On the other hand just because you do not want to pay for that Coffee, does not give you the right to take it off another groups Coffee Break because they paid for it. Or, I want more meeting space but do not want to pay for it, even though we have heat/cool, set up/ breakdown, an have staff work that room. There is a price for everything in life an in a hotel.

No comments: