Monday, June 04, 2007

I am a bit slow today, I didn't watch any news all weekend. Bad I know, but sometimes it gets to be too much. So, as usually in the morning I go on to the Fox News web page, CNN and MSNBC just to see every one's different views.

What caught or did not catch my eye was on Fox no real mention of the Democratic Debate that took place in New Hampshire, Here is what CNN said on their front page of their web page.

"Eight presidential candidates fought to make their points during a two-hour debate in New Hampshire Sunday. Former Sen. John Edwards blasted Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama over their handling of a recent war spending bill. Clinton answered the charge and added, "The differences between us are minor. The differences between us and the Republicans are major."

"Sen. John Edwards blasted Clinton and Obama for not taking the lead on a recent war spending bill. Edwards voted for the October 2002 resolution that authorized the invasion of Iraq, but now calls that vote a mistake." Quite Interesting?


Did you see the foiled attack at JFK airport? Doesn't there seem to be quite a few foiled attacks lately? I am not judging, I am happy that they are foiled but it scares the s*** out of me. When President Bush spoke at the graduation at the Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT. He mentioned that 9/11 is not the last attack we will see on American soil. (This is not a quote).

What scares you most, pulling out of the war and seeing a war pop up here on American Soil from terrorist who we have no idea what is going on in their heads? If it wasn't for the two men who came forward on both of these foiled attempts what would of happened? Believe me, I hate to be in a war and see all these americans dying, but I am more afraid of what is out there if we pull out. As, I stated earlier today, I remember the images of the Vietnam war on TV as a child and the fall of Saigon, is this the same kind of war?

Who is to say what is right or wrong? I am reading a book called, " Triangle of Death" granted when this book begins I was not born, but I never knew what had happened in Vietnam to cause the war. I never knew the French had control of Vietnam from 1860-1940's, an were not nice.

"The french force fed them Catholicism an starved them when they failed to meet production quotas. When workers got sick in the cement an the textile factories, itw as deemed more cost effective to just let them die without medical attention an replace them with fresh workers. "

It got worse because being the french in 1940 they surrended to the Nazi's. Which of course, was another reign of terror. Then the Americans helped put in place Ngo Dinh Diem. Who with his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu took the American Support and Money we kept throwing at them an were even worse than the French an the Nazi's. Even when the US finally realized what was happening, they snubbed us by doing exactly what they wanted and felt they did not have to listen to the US, even though it was our money.

This book is just one of them that is now telling the truth well over 40 years later, is that what is going to happen with this war? In 2047 people would have forgotten, an then it will come out the truth? I am not saying the Democrats or the Republicans are spewing the truth, but it something I would like to know. Just something to think about when you are deciding who to vote for in the next election, by the way, the president in 1960 was JFK, if you didn't know and Diem and Nhu were assasinated November 1963 and three weeks later so was JFK, is that not interesting?

No comments: