Monday, June 04, 2007

My weekend this week was not good. It was rainy all day on Sunday which we do need down here in North Carolina, but on Saturday I stayed in the house all day wallowing so I did nothing but eat, drink and sleep all weekend. We had no funds so I could not even go for a drive to get out of the house, I can tell you by 6pm on Sunday, I was going stir crazy!!!

I tried not to show it to my husband, he is trying so hard to make our situation better, but I am a horrible actress, which would explain why when I was a theatre major, I liked being behind the scenes more. I hope everyone else had a better weekend. Did anyone see the Democratic Debate in New Hampshire? Shocker, all the problems in the world are President Bush's according to Hillary Clinton as if her husband never did anything wrong politically when he was the President. Just a statement...

I was watching the History Channel an they were showing things I remember as a child in the 1970's. 3-mile Island in PA, the fall of Saigon in April 1975, Kent State the first gay march in April 1970, Roe Vs. Wade, and of course Watergate, all put to music of the time. I was just a child during the 1970, but I remember it vividly, especially the Fall of Saigon an the images on the TV of those poor people trying to get on the helicopters. These things will stay with me my whole life, just like 9/11 will stick with me. Are we any better than were in the 1970's ? Just a question for people to ask themselves.

No comments: