Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I was reading my hometown paper The New London Day today, an the first article that caught my eye was:

Norwich reaches buyout deal with ZarnetskeSeventeen months of tensions, cold shoulders and flare-ups ended late Monday night after a two-hour, closed-door session when the City Council and City Manager Robert Zarnetske reached a buyout agreement that paid Zarnetske to leave his position as soon as the contract is signed.

Now the City of Norwich, CT is looking for a City Manager, according to the Article they have been for many months and at first in secret. Now, I grew up in Norwich, my Uncle was on the City Council an so was my Stepfather for many years. I love Norwich, which is funny for me to say since when I was 12 years old my first thought was always to get out of this town. Now, that I have lived many places, when people ask me where I am from Mystic comes out. Why? Because it just has such a good sound to it don't you think?

I would love to become the City Manager of Norwich, except I do not have the education, I have the ability, I am a quick study an know to surround myself with people that can contribute to the whole picture. I know Norwich can be great again, as it was in the early 1900's, before we left CT, we were living in Norwich and could see all the progress. The Mashutuckets built the new building for offices, a restaurant an such. There was 3 new restaurants right downtown, the New Otis Libary which is compelete now, an the Wauregan Hotel is all new. I have pictures of the Town of Norwich in its heyday. It would be nice to help it grow and prosper. I realize I would never get the chance due to my lack of a college degree but it always nice to dream about. On how you would improve your hometown. My husband an I have been searching for our own Starrs Hollow and part of me believes it is back in CT, in order to get back there, we would have to be offered some incredible opportunity.

How would you improve your town?

No comments: