Saturday, June 02, 2007

My natural hair color is dark brown, in the last few years, I have added blonde highlights, red highlights even purple highlights. In December I went "red" all over and then in March Red with blonde highlights. I loved being so bright that is how I felt, well due to some money of lack of it this week, I had to cancel my hair appointment. So, I got a box of die and went back to my dark brown hair, and I hate it beyond belief.

Everytime, I look in the mirror I do not feel pretty, even my less 20lbs on my frame not making me feel any better. How shallow am I? Now, of course, I do not want to go to my class reunion that I have been planning on attending for awhile as you know. I will have a little extra money in two weeks so I may just get a better style and not a color, but you never know what I will do to my hair. My sister "G" has had the same haircolor and style for about 15 years now, on her though it looks good, me on the other hand love to mix it up. I have had my hair, long, curly, short, bobbed, layered, red, black, light brown with blonde almost anything you can think of.

You may ask why do women do this? Sit in a chair for about 3 hours while someone fixes your hair to look better, an believe me it is a long boring process. My recent hairdresser likes to talk and I am not good with the small talk so I can not even enjoy that for 3 hours, I can read a book while I have foil on my hair, or under the hairdryer. My favorite thing to do in the beauty salon for me is to listen to other people's conversations, I love to hear their lives. It takes me away from my own problems or boredom. For me coloring my hair besides the experience at the salon it is how I feel about myself. I used to have some great hairdressers over the year, I used to love to go in and say do whatever you want, you know what looks good on me. I do not have the bond with this hairdresser, an part of me does not believe I ever will.

The other thing is when you feel bad about anything in your life, you go an transform your look, an all of a sudden you feel as if you are a 'new' person, not that I am but just a little hair cut makes me feel as if I am a brand new person. How bad does that sound? Right now as I write this, I have curlers in my hair trying to make it look better and not so dark as if this is going to help. I know I am wallowing, I didn't even leave the house all day not even to go to the pool.

We will see how my hair color is in two weeks and if I need to go in for a new look. If the dark holds maybe I will just splurge on highlights around the face, an I will go to my reunion.

No comments: