Thursday, February 26, 2009

Its that time again, my 4th wedding anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Again, what to do it upon us? For once, I wish my husband would plan something special and surprise me, but I am practical and know that is not going to ever happen. I have booked us for the weekend after for a night in Boston, and going to our favorite restaurant chain "Capital Grille". It might seem silly that a "CHAIN" Restaurant is our favorite, being foodies and all, but it is really because we discovered it together the day after we were married.

It was March 12, 2005, we were staying at the Providence Courtyard because we were not flying out until the next day for our honeymoon. It was snowing and we were looking for a nice place for dinner and I saw an add for Capital Grille and remember there was one in Hartford and people always said it was good. So, I called and made a reservation, they even asked if it was something special we were celebrating, and of course, I was gushing.. We had the most attentive dinner, and then a free glass of champagne and the best service, wonderful booth the whole experience made us smile.

While we were in Chicago on our honeymoon we found another Capital Grille and made a reservation and again was asked if it was something special, and again service was incredible, food wonderful we were hooked. When we moved to Charlotte, NC there was one there, unfortunately, we did not have enough money to go, so we never did, which I regret.

We are going back to it for this anniversary and I am so excited, to see how Boston compares to the Providence and Chicago version of their restaurants. We have been back to Providence and the Chicago one, not celebrating but because we were in town and could afford to splurge. This year has been a trying year for us both, and we decided a month ago to do this and started saving, because we want to enjoy ourselves and not worry about the bill when it comes.

4th Anniversary Gift: Traditional Alumium, Modern: Linens/Silk just a tip..

No comments: