Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yesterday morning, I went in for a Root Canal, let me just say, I do not like going to the dentist, and will avoid at any cost. Well, it cost me, not just money but the whole experience.

My dentist is wonderful, and gentle, the worse part for me was the Novacane, I hate, despise and am very afraid of needles. I am sorry, to me that needle looks like the biggest thing in the world, and he does it slowly to make sure it is numb. Which worked besides the smell and sound of the drill I was in no other pain other than that. I think he was worried if I was jumpy and in so much pain from the Novacane, how is she actually going to handle the actual work?

He was pleasantly surprised, I was fine after that, the worse part is keeping my mouth open for 90 minutes, with all the stuff in it, the frame, that green masky thing and the protective glasses, as if, I was back in 8th grade chemistry class. I admit seeing the propane can, and hearing the sound of it scared me a bit. I kept my eyes closed, and just concentrated on the tv, yes there is tv on the ceiling and I had the Fox News station on, which even though the news was not good it did comfort me in a way.

I have to go back in 8 weeks for a crown, see if you take care of your teeth then you do not have to go through all of this, to keep them in good shape. How funny am I? I am vain about my hair and make up but due to my dislike for going to the dentist I neglect a very important part of myself. I love to see people with good teeth, you would think it would motivate me. I am going to start the cleaning process after the crown and then getting whiting, I love white teeth. My mom, spent $1,200 on braces for me in 8th grade, you think I would be respectful more of my teeth.

Luckily, I have found a dentist who is wonderful and gentle, and my toothache I have lived with for over 2 years is gone!!! A smile may not cost anything, but to keep it up, does and the more you neglect it the more money goes into fixing it, and the discomfort is it worth it?

No comments: