Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This weekend, a few people asked me who was I voting for in the Presidential Election? Now, unless you live under a rock, or have no TV or radio there is a Presidential Election coming up in November 2008. The candidates for the Democratic Nomination are Hilary Clinton or Obama Barak, and the Republican Nomination is going to John McCain.

The big question is who will get the democratic nomination? Neither candidate at this point has enough delegates to put them in front, it seems to me eventually there will be a backdoor meeting and they will decide who will be the Nomination and the other one, will either step down to the VP spot or out of the race, with the words of every politician this happens to "My full support goes to ______, and can not wait for the November Election". Instead of saying, my party stabbed me in the back and now I have to wait another 4 years to try again.

I should state, I am a registered Republican and have been since I was 18 years old and was so excited to vote in my first election. My parents brought politics into our home, my mom was president of the Republican Town Committee in our hometown, my Stepfather was on the City Council for years, and my uncle was on every board in our hometown.

I worked many Republican Elections for Governor, Senators, Congressmen and of course, Presidential Candidates. Unfortunately, alot of these were losing elections, which can be discouraging but knowing you made your best effort, I still enjoyed and thrived in that environment.

So, now who am I going to vote for? To be honest my husband might of made up his mind, but I am still on the fence, I can not decide who I want to believe more, and if I believe in the same things. I have not made of my mind and have no idea when I will, I do truly believe it is going to get more interesting in the Democrat Camp, to see who gets the nomination, and who can out last the other person.

No comments: