Saturday, March 01, 2008

This week, I went on line again, I have done this for the past few years looking for a old friend of mine. I don't mean "old" in the age way, I mean we have known each other since I was 15 years old which means 28 years. We dated when I was 15 and he was 17, he was my first Car date. For the young crowd it means when my parents let me actually go out with a guy in his car and they were not driving me.

I think it was because they knew his parents who lived down the street, and he seemed responsible. He had a Nova, blue a big seat in front not the bucket seats of today. No, I was a good girl so get your mind out of the gutter, it was very innocent and sweet. I remember his birthday, Dec. 16, we went to dinner at Poor Richards in Waterford, no longer there, the building is still there but nothing is housed in it, very sad. It was a great restaurant and building, they served us a bottle of wine, we both had baby faces but the waiter let us get away with it anyway. We then went back to his parents house, not the best idea after some wine from two kids who were not suttle in anyway that we got served.

We ended up breaking up, I dumped him for another man. We always were friends though, he got married and divorced, and always remained friends part of a a four-some. About 5 years ago, we had a major falling out, due to 1 of our four-somes made a play for my friends girlfriend, and I knew about it and kept my mouth shut. There was reason, but he would not believe me, his girlfriend twisted everything around, now his wife. For the last 4 years, every year, I send him a Birthday Card, and both of them a Christmas Card, and in 2005 and invitation to my wedding. I heard nothing, this year on the Christmas card, I wrote, this is the last one because I have been trying to become friends again and you don't even enknowledge these cards.

I found him on www.linkedin", and we emailed each other all day on Wednesday. Come to find out he knew nothing about the cards, he never got them and he had not moved, which means "she" his wife got them and threw them out. I don't know about the Wedding Invitation, but I believe that is what happened to that. I am so hurt, he and I knew each others secrets and we loved each other even for all our faults.

We were better friends then anything else, so the fact his wife felt we should not be together as friends is unimaginable to me, I felt he threw a 20+ friendship away without looking back. We are going to try to get together next week, when my husband and I are in town, he has never even met Stephen. I knew his ex-wife, and she didn't like me anymore than this wife but she put up with me because of John.

If John's new wife lets him come and meet us for a drink I will be suprised, I want to see him, but am not holding my breath. My question when do you give up on a friendship?

No comments: