Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Are we grown ups yet? Yesterday, was St. Patrick's day, and if I think back when I was in my 20's this was one of those holidays you celebrated! Along with the 5th of May ( cinco demayo day), because it revolved around drinks, fun, hats and sometimes beads.

Last year, I was in Savannah, GA with my mom, sister and neice, so much fun. I called my husband a few times drunk!! The year before, worked nothing to report there, 3 years ago, we were in Chicago on our honeymoon and celebrated along with everyone in Chicago.

5 years ago, Thomas was living in Austin TX and I picked this week to travel to see him, so another St. Patrick's day in a fun city who really go all out to celebrate.

Yesterday, we went to Trade Winds in Rockland for 90 minute presentation on Time Shares, we will admit they got us in the door because of the "4 complimentary airline tickets". We would love to do this program and still might, but should let you know, now that we have our tickets and I am trying to plan to use them, read the fine print... NOT EVERY CITY IS INCLUDED AND YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM HOTEL STAY...
So really what is complimentary about these? They want you to use their hotels, but the tickets we were going to use to visit family in the midwest.

So, we may have wasted 90 minutes of our time, which we had to drive 1.15 minutes to get to, and the way gas prices are was it worth it to spend St. Patrick's day like adults?

No comments: