Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring is coming !! I am so excited, it has been a long winter up here in Maine, and I can not wait for Spring and Summer when everything is open. Last night, after work my husband and I went to Bath, ME to the new Irish Pub and met some of my co-workers.

I was embarrassed that two of them noticed my flirting with my boss, I have a little crush, we are both married and I would never do anything and neither would he, we just like to flirt. He is a lot like my husband he is fun, smart and likes to flirt, when we go to functions, I see women flirting with my husband and he back at them, I never worry because it is harmless. I am now very aware, and I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable.

One my co-workers mentioned that my direct boss, also has a crush on him and that is why whenever he and I are talking she comes in,I thought I was just being paranoid. Now, I wonder how long this job is going to last, and if I stepped over a line. Or am I just being weird because someone called me out on it.

Throughout my career, I have had little crushes, nothing has ever happened even when I was single, it was just fun and light. When does flirting become harmful to the work environment? When I was high school I was voted, "Class Flirt" and so was my husband. Over the years, I will flirt my way out of almost anything, when I was 18 and got arrested for underage drinking in a bar ( drinking age was 19), I tried to flirt my way out of the arrest. My friend, was like if she gets off she better bring me along with her. I didn't get off, but did get a date out of it. So, it was worth it I guess. Sometimes, we flirt for silly things, like a cookie from the lunch person who thinks your sweet, or to get a free drink at a bar, even though nothing will happen you give the bartender alittle attention and he thinks he has a chance.

Do you flirt for things? Or is flirting outdated? To be honest, my favorite flirting is to my husband, he flirts right back and when we are out together, people think we are silly and way to loving. I think it keeps our love alive in our relationship.

No comments: