Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sometimes your past comes back in a good way. Today, when I was going through my emails there was one from Reunion.com, and my 1st "crush" had contacted me on there. It brought back all those feelings I had for him at 14 in our freshman year of high school. He was so cool, cute and the most intense eyes in the world. Even though he ended up with another girl, who just a note they are still married, his high school sweetheart, it still makes me smile. He was so nice to me, and became friends an even after not seeing each other for many years, I admit I was flattered he actually remembered me.

We are both happily married to other people, but I love pen pals, or email pals especially with someone who always made me feel special. He was one of those cool guys, that even though you can't be anything more, makes you feel as if what you have to say is so important to him. Funny, I have been thinking alot about high school lately an just realized that the coffee cup my husband put in my bathroom for my toothbrush and toothpaste is from, "St.Bernard's" High School, or rivals in sports in school. I went to Norwich Free Academy (NFA) and our football team by our senior year was 0 wins, we were not good, and when we played St. Bernards they would play, " We are the Champions" over the speakers. What could we say we would talk smack but we all knew our team was not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula,you have to know I never forgot you. I think alot about you. I had the most intence crush on you and at some level still do.You were that funny, cute,girl everyone loved to have around.( untill the drinking) Kidding...lol I remeber those days I would drive a friend's little blue moped to see you across town. I remember the day I saw you at the greenville playground when you were there for summer rec. I was so scared to go see you, but I wanted to go everyday after that. Its funny how things turn out.. In the end it was planned. You will always be in my thoughts, this is what pure untarnished friendships can be. My friends are forever and through anything. P.S only if it was me....J