Friday, March 09, 2007

Alright someone who read my blog, thinks my taste in music stinks. To be honest so does my husband but let me just clarify a few things, when someone asks you what is your taste in music, how do you explain it depends on the day? For me music reflects what I am feeling at that moment.

A few examples are, when my husband and I were introduced into our wedding reception we walked in to Metallica, No clue on the name of the song, why you may ask it is what my husband wanted and I admit I did feel like a rock star when we walked in, ironically besides him, my brother an about 4 other people no one else had a clue what that music was. One night, about two weeks ago coming home from work, Supertramp came on the radio and I sang along it was fun. On one of my husband and my road trips we came upon a 70's rock station and we are driving down the highway singing, laughing and having such fun to the music, people next to us were looking at us funny, could of been the air guitar and air drums we were playing, but you never know.

I like so many different genre's of music, but basically it has been pop music. My soul loves Blues, and when I travel to New Orleans, Nashville, Chicago even Austin TX I find places to hear the blues. Someday I will get to Memphis and Kansas City and find the best clubs. I love Country Rock, like Chris Dougherty, Montgomery Gentry, Gretchen Wilson, Hank Williams Jr.. I have always loved Country but kept it secret until it was cool.. Pathetic I realize.

So to me music is a personal taste and for myself compeletly depends on what I am feeling or where I am in my life. Never trust what people write on the profiles for music or movies for that matter, but that is for another blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Thing That Should Not Be", my dear. How could you forget such emotional and stirring music?