Friday, March 02, 2007

Today, I am a nervous wreck my husband's parents are coming out for a visit for the weekend. This is the first time since we moved to Winston Salem, and the last time they visited we were in Charlotte an it was Thanksgiving 2005, we had only been there a few months. I also, say his parents because when you say, " My In-laws are coming", people take the negative approach assumming you do not get along with them, which is not true. My in-laws are wonderful people and have welcomed me into their family with open arms. I get nervous when either family visits, I want them to like our new home, new place and realize we are still only married two years an nothing is perfect, but we made the right decision to move south.

This morning as my husband was saying, " Calm down, you are in hyper mode", I was clean, straighten, dust etc. Now, granted I could of done this last night but I was not thinking they will be here on Friday night, not morning. Yeah, paula you are working all day an then they are driving you home, so when exactly are you going to be able to do this? I believe I am worse when it is my sisters, because for some reason their opinions bother me more than most. It is like if I am going to see them, I will have 5 or 6 outfit changes, worry about my hair, make up an clothes as if, that is going to change what they think of me. I have been stressing for weeks, since I knew I would see my oldest sister on March 17, funny when I heard my mom was joining us my anxiety went down, my mom an I are so close and understand each other more than my sisters. I didn't street about my in-laws until this morning.

End of Week 7 of the work out, today, I did work out but it stunk because I kept thinking what i needed to do to prepare for them to come to our house. I have to work out tomorrow a rest day to make up for my lack of performance this morning. To date: Lost 10lbs, Inches 3 off waist, 3.5 off hips, YEAH!!

I will post hopefully after the weekend, have a great weekend, by the way for any of my readers up in the North, it is 60' and sunny today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You suck.lol its 40 and raining cats and dogs all day long. You should calm down. people would not visit if they didnt want to spend time with the two they love. Chill and let shit happen! Use the power of positive thinking. Gets me through the day.