Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy St. Patricks Day ( late I know), but I wanted to get that out of the way. This weekend, I went to "Hilton Head" to spend time with my oldest sister, her daughter sophomore at University of Maryland and my mom, it was a girls weekend, they are staying all week, but the only time I could get was the weekend. On Friday, I drove down after work, in the rain an by myself for a 5 hour drive that took my about 6.5 hours, due to getting lost on some country road in North Carolina.

When I arrived, within 5 minutes, I was told "We hate your hair color" when are you changing it back to your natural ( natural my a**), and oh your eyebrows need waxing. Now, who better to judge you then your family right? Even at "42" years of age, it doesn't get any better. My hair right now is red, natural when it wasn't gray was dark brown, we were watching " Breakfast at Tiffany's" so now mom believes that color would work for me. Now, believe me Audrey is my favorite but no way would I look as good as she did in that movie no matter what I did. How come when you are with your family you fall right back into feeling as if you are '5 years old?".

Believe me, I love my family and now that I live so far away it is special when we do see each other, I never laughed so much, because instead of getting mad at the put downs, the corrections I had to laugh it made it one of the most pleasant weekends.

The best part of being with my family is when the cards come out as they always do. We love to play cards, drink wine and talk it is usually the best conversations during those card games, we have been doing it our whole lives. My sisters' are instilling the games into their daughters who will pass them on to their own daughters it is one of my favorite things about my family. We might have a hard time talking regular but put a deck of cards in our hands and we can talk about anything and everything. We played "Spades', teams my sister and her daughter won but my mom who is excellent was making a great comeback. How do you communicate with your family or what is your traditions that makes your family so special to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gals cheat at cards!