Friday, March 30, 2007

I am so very excited, in my rush to buy my plane ticket for my class reunion, I put in the wrong date. I wanted an extra day to spend with my friends who are so very important to me. I do not have the extra $100.00 to change a ticket even though the ticket is a low fare, just to change it is an extra cost. HOW CAN AIRLINES BE HURTING WHEN THEY CHARGE THIS MUCH? That will hold for another of my "soap box" days..

I was talking to one of my very best friends in the world and he offered to use his own CC# to ensure that I will get to spend my day with him an a few others, how great is that? When you first meet him, he does come off a bit cocky, and hard but deep down he is one of the most generous people I know. He and I have been through alot together, we lived together at one time (not romantic), which besides living with my husband was the best ever. We had such a good time, and support system for each other.

I think now of everything he and I have been to each other, and it makes me smile, before we lived together, the parties we would have at our respective residences. He and I had a "hat" party at my house, we went to the "Emporium" in Mystic to buy our hats and party favors, an then making everyone wear whichever hat we had picked out for them. Then when we lived together the parties got alittle more extreme. To mention a few, the twister games, the porch, the 3am burgers, an of course BEASTIE BOYS...

We were both there for each other in our love lives or lack of love lives, and some of the people that did not treat us like we thought the other should be treated. Since, we both have big mouths it was never keep quiet, but let them know as often and loudly as possible, our neighbors I am sure were like "SHUT UP". I will never forget when 9/11 happened we were there together watching the news, crying.

Recently, since I live so far away it has been phone calls, emails and when I get the chance to go to CT, I make sure to see him.

I hope we will always be in each other lives, an no matter the roads life takes us, he can always depend on me, and I know he will always be there for me.

No comments: