Saturday, July 14, 2007

Last night, we went to "Wild Wings Cafe" in Winston Salem, and heard the band Peace and Love who are from Charlotte, NC. The crowd was huge and when we left at Midnight there was still a line outside. The band was incredible and being a former girlfriend of a band person, I was watching how they worked together and the playing. The guitar player is a genius, the bass player seemed to be having the most fun. The singer what a voice and great harmonies.

If you are from Southeastern CT, this band is like 'Sugardaddy' with Graham Thompson as the Lead Singer, bringing the crowd in an able to sing anything. I had a wonderful time last night, an if I closed my eyes I would of thought I was watching, Sugardaddy. Peace and love is a wonderful show, I recommend anyone that sees them playing go, you will have a great time. The crowd last night was so diverse which made it even more fun.

You had the young 20's the stupid girls, girly girls and of course the self-conscience girls who you could tell wanted to dance but didn't want to be watched so stood in the corner dancing by themselves. We did get to watch a little drama which with young 20' girls is expected. Then you had the late 20's who are now professionals during the week, going crazy because it was Friday night.

You also, had the hip-hoppers, bikers, married, still singles an definitely enjoying it. That is what made it fun the fact so many different people all enjoying the music an getting something different out of the whole experience. I have to mention the die hard music people, who are either musicians themselves, or just love live music an for them it is like a religious experience, I love watching these people the most, they seem to get into the music more than anyone else in the place. Myself, I love live music to me outside with a good band, good company there is nothing better. Live music is so much better than a DJ, for our wedding it was the most important in the world to me. I walked down the aisle to "Unforgettable" with my band singing it for me the only thing that could of been better would of been if Nat King Cole was singing to me.

Music is for the Soul, an is so personally for each person, so when you go see a great band tell people so that they can experience the magic like you did, pass it on.

No comments: