Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Last night, after watching the news all day on the Petit family in CT and going to the Hartford Courant and seeing over 700 posts in regards to this terrible tragedy, I took my "Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows" and decided to finish the book. I had stopped the night before at page 362, so I figured to get to page 759, I would either read all night or stop an start again today. NO WAY!!

Once you really get into the book there is no way to put it down, it is a roller coaster, up, down ready to cry, shout and cheer. For those who have not finished the book as of yet, I will keep the secrets of the book. All week, people who read it over the weekend wanted to talk about it, and tell me, an of course the spoilers on the Internet, I have been careful not to read any of those. It is well worth the wait. JK Rowlings, is amazing she gives us just enough to think we know what is going to happen then blows it out of the water.

I will admit reading the book took me into the story as all great stories do, as soon as I finished around 12:15am, I could not fall asleep thinking of the book. Then after my mind stopped going, all I could think of was that poor family in CT an how close to home it hit everyone. Because, if you are not safe in your home where is it safe? I told my husband last night, I would consider getting a gun if we can take classes on safety and how to shoot it. I don't want one an not know how to use it, if I had to or worse have the intruder take it out of my hands an use it against us. I have taken self-defense courses but any woman who has taken them, they are on how to protect yourself if you are jumped not if someone breaks into your home. Who will hear you in your own home if you scream?

I think that is why so many people are angry and upset over this case, it can be anyone! How safe is your home really? The state of CT corrections in the next few weeks will be having I am sure alot of time to think about how they can better serve the state. There are alot of angry people out there, finding out these two men were on parole and considered, "Not a threat" or there crimes were "victimless crimes" , I am sorry, when you are robbed, burglarized in your own home, how can you describe that as victimless? You are violated in your safe place. I am sure those people who Josh ( 26year old) burglarized did not consider it a victimless crime, especially knowing anyone could get into your house.

The judge who considered him manipulative and not in anyway remorseful for what he had done in these burglaries, why should he, he knew how to manipulate the system at a young age. At one of the post, I mentioned yesterday there were (2) people defending Josh on the Comment section of the Hartford Courant, One guy actually said, he was a good father. He has a 5 year old daughter, well now she will grow up knowing her father raped an 11 year old girl and then set her on fire, what a great role model he is, did you also rape your own daughter Josh is that why you lashed out, or the fact you poor baby your girlfriend dumped you an moved south. That does happen that often so lets go terrorize innocent people and kill them.

Steve Hayes 44 years old, HELLO! These two met in jail an a halfway house why not make sure they can work together for the greater good. Where is the system in CT? We all know I am from CT an right now I am appalled by my home state, GOVERNOR RELL please consider a 3 strikes your out law like California or 3 strikes out law for violent crimes like Washington State, something has to change or what happened to the Petit family may not be the last crime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connecticut already has a three strikes law