Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I hate War, let me start there, I remember watching in 1970's the service men returning from Vietnam, after watching the first war on TV. In 1990, watching all the news coverage on Dessert Storm since my baby brother was in it with the Marines.

The war on Terror is something else, do we really know who all our enemies are? After watching last week in London England I am a bit afraid. I know in my heart we have not seen the last of attacks on American Soil. It is easy to put out of our minds when the war is not on our soil and it seems so far away in Iraq, but it really isn't we have our military over there doing their jobs an our politicans over here debating, yelling, screaming at each other to be heard on what their stance is on the War.

What ever your opinion is, the fact remains they are not done attacking us, 9/11 was just the beginning and it scares me to think what they have next in store. Part of me, thinks these attacks in London were only tests and the big one is coming the other part likes to think that the Homeland Security is doing their jobs very well and keep stopping these acts before they get out of hand. Am I being naive or just plan hopeful?

Then to find out a Medical Doctor is the man who went through the Glasgow airport terminal, which 1 puts a face on the act of terrorism but a educated man believes this is the way to solve problems, they can reach anyone at anytime. Which makes you look at the person sitting next t you on the bus, in the airport or train station and wonder in your mind are they here for themselves or to hurt us?

I have no idea what is going to happen an have chosen to not live in terror an to live but never forget 9/11, it will forever be in my mind. I wish my family an I lived closer, I know and so does my husband if anything happens I will be driving up North to be with my family. I don't care but I will get to them no matter what. Terrorism is scary than anything and if anyone truly believes they are done with the US they are sadly naive. Homeland Security has done some wonderful things in the past few years to make sure we as Americans are safe along with all the military people we need to show them our support no matter what your beliefs are of the war, they are out there on the front lines protecting our lifestyle and choices.

We do not want our men an women coming home from the war to experience what the Vietnam Vets did do we?

No comments: