Monday, July 02, 2007

Good Morning!!

OK, the reunion was this weekend let me tell you about my weekend so much fun!! I am so paying for it now, I have no voice and when I worked out this morning my body was like, excuse me you abuse me all weekend with food and drink and now you want to work out. I finished my workout and felt like I did when I first started working out.

Friday, my flight got delayed in Charlotte by about 2 hours, I was quite social in the terminal an we all started talking about why we were traveling or how long we have been at the airport, I was lucky, I had a seat on the plane. Some people had a boarding pass but no seat and others were on stand by, when they announced anyone want to give up their seat an you can get a free round trip ticket, I thought maybe then the catch the next flight to get out on is 945pm on Saturday night. So, no I will keep my seat. If it was necessary, there was 1 man in the terminal I would of given my seat up for, but luckily he had a seat. He was flying from Phoenix to go to his mom's funeral, which was at 5pm on Friday, I would of given up my seat for him if need be that was definitely more important then my reunion.

I finally got into Providence and my friend Claudette picked me up she is so great. She was there for me all weekend and I appreciate it that very much. I am going to send her a little basket from here, mostly to thank her and then to convince her to come visit me. We met up with Thomas and went to lunch at "Costello's" an picnic table fresh fish place, where you bring your own wine. Which we did, an that started Friday, we drank 1 bottle of white there, then went to my sisters to see family an had another bottle, we were also sitting outside in the sun.

Then we went to dinner an met up with Tom and had a great dinner at AZU in Mystic, CT with drinks and wine. Then a bit of bar hopping, a long night and day since I had gotten up at 430am for my early morning flight. Saturday morning, we picked up the BMW from my dad and then went to breakfast at the Whistle Stop in Pawcatuck, a small little place inexpensive and very good. If you are in the Westerly/Pawcatuck area, I so recommend highly.

Then Claudette and I basically, sat around her apartment took naps, watched TV until I had to go up to The Spa at Norwich to get my makeup done, yes I had it professionally done why not? I wanted to look my best, so glad I did too.

My dad dropped me off at my reunion, Claudette picked me up around 10pm that night. I first ran into my friend John M. ( My first crush) he was with his wife, I talked to them for awhile then went to the bar, and started that right away most likely not the smartest but who cares if I go to my 30Th it will have been at least 5 years since I have seen any of these people. A few remember from our 20Th my make out session with someone, who was there, an were snickering and laughing at me. It is so funny now, he is a nice guy but besides that one night that was it.

I saw some great people, so many looked so different granted it was 25 years ago. It was fun trying to figure out who was who, we had a few crashers who just took name tags even though they were not with our group, always makes it interesting. It was nice to see alot of people came alone and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One person, who I had gone to grade school with made the comment, I don't remember you being so outgoing as you are tonight. I was quite flirty, an loud somethings my friends know is so me now, but in High School I was always a flirt, my gosh, I got "Class Flirt" and Obviously, some of the girls who hated me in high school are still holding a grudge. Get over it, it was 25 years ago. That is one thing that has never changed the cliches are still the same. When you walked in you could still point out the different groups, still trying to be so Cool by themselves...

Going by myself made me realize I am such a different person then I was back then, I walked right up to the people who were my arch enemies and sat down and started talking. Why not? We are not in the lunch room and I am not going to cower because you didn't like me back then for whatever stupid reason. There were a few people who stand out and I am glad I got to talk to them Rob H. he an I were on Swim Team together, it was so much fun hanging out with him. His significan other could not make it, an I am sure we would of had even more fun. An I lost his card which is upsetting me, but surprisely I remembered where he worked so I am going to
contact him. Sorrell congratalations on the career, always an ambition girl an so down to earth.

Even Anne S. an Editor in California for Reality TV how much fun is that? It was nice to see who was still in the area, who had moved away. Rachel J. living in Boston with her husband Keith, Michelle F. Beautiful as you were in 8th grade. Denise our class Most Beautiful still the one to stand out in a crowd love the blonde hair!! There were many more too, Veroncia, Marcie, Lisa B.. Debbie and Cindy did another wonderful job for our reunion and I for one appreciate it very much. I will see you all in 5 years to see what else has changed in our lives as we all approach the big 50...

No comments: