Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Did you ever notice when someone in the south is s****ing on you they are doing it with a smile on their face?

Most of the people I work with our from the South, born an raised right here in Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem the Triad area. If not from this area have moved here from other parts of the south because they went to college here. I have heard all about southern hospitality my whole life, an to be honest, I think the people from the North are getting a bad rap. Down here, yes they will "sugar, sweetie anything for you" to death, then the minute you turn your back they will put a knife in it.

I believe the North won the war because of the arrogance of the South. If you look at the Civil War, the South was pretty much winning until Gettysburg, then the tides turned, but even in the beginning of that 3 day battle the South was winning. Can you imagine what life would be like now if the South did win? Would we be a country of 2 instead of 1? I never been back stabbed more even in High School the essential time to be back stabbed by your peers was not as cut throat as it is here in the South.

Now, I have been in the Hospitality business for well over 20 years, and learned early on to CYA (cover your a**). If my boss lets me give something to a client, I make sure it is in writing via email and I put in the file, or if a client is demanding something an says, She said, I also have all correspondence by email. I trust no one, an luckily that was ingrained in me early on in my career because since I have been at this job for the last 9 months 3x it has come up someone saying, I never said that, or you promised me this and I had back up.

These 3x were from my co-workers not even from clients, get over yourselves no one is perfect and yes, you promised me that price (chef) or you told me to give the client that room. I know people think I am awful for doing most of my business via email, because I trust no one. I never realized how much the south thinks and truly believes they are so much better than the North.

EXCUSE ME WE WON THE WAR!! Get over yourselves.

No comments: