Friday, December 01, 2006

Well, today is my husbands birthday, I gave him a card this morning and will be picking up his gift during work. Do you ever notice that when you are dating or engaged your gifts during a birthday/Christmas are very extravangant? Then when you are settled and married they are not as lavish, and more practical. Why? It is not as if they are not still very important dates it just seems that life has gotten in the way..

To me birthdays are a bigger celebration than Christmas because it is so personnel. I have taken different people places for their birthday. My friend Thomas on his 30th I took him to Savannah Georgia, for an ex, who's birthday is in February, I took him to Florida and New Yorkand gave him a surprise 25th birthday blow out ! For myself, on my 38th I took myself to Chicago, I love to travel and I love to celebrate, so it is a great combination. If I can't go away, then I make that day as special as possible, sending gifts throughout the day, doing a scavenger hunt, everyone should be made to feel very special on the day God introduced you to the world.

This year, we are celebrating his birthday with friends at a Sushi restaurant tomorrow night, but tonight is just us, and I have something special up my sleeve for my husband. I will post about it later, I do not want him to know just yet. So if anyone else has a birthday today HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

No comments: