Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well, we got back about 2am on December 26 from our jaunt up North. No snow, I did not have a white christmas except about 4pm in Pennsylvania somewhere it started to snow and did for the next 200 miles then turned to rain, so I did get a little of white christmas. We had a wonderful trip, full with family, friends, guilt, move back and basic family stuff. My oldest sister hosted Christmas Eve this year, for our family on my mom's side, it was packed everyone showed up this year, the first time in many years. We suspect it is because my Aunt is very sick and we are not so sure how much longer she will last.

It was wonderful seeing all of the family, there was about 60 people there, and it is funny to look around an see all the little children, and remember when we were all that small an loved these Christmas Eve gatherings. My cousins in my generation are as follows:

Me No children as of yet
Cousin Tommy - 3 children, 2 boys and a girl
Cousin Paul - No Children
Cousin Debbie- 2 boys
Cousin Dawn - No Children as of yet
Cousin Nancy- 3 Children, 2 boys and a girl ( sister of Tommy)
Cousin Greg- 4 children, 2 boys, and 2 girls
Cousin Susan- No children
Brother Jon- 2 girls
Add in Older sisters with 2 children each, it was quite the full household.

My cousins and I used to hang out in another room, we were way too cool, it was Tommy, Paul and Debbie and I everyone else was younger and not as cool. We would sit in a dark room an tell stories it was so much fun. Paul is a college professor of history now so he always had the best stories to tell. We are now in our 40's, but it seems to me sometimes that is was just a little bit ago when it was actually about 25 years ago. It was a wonderful Christmas, I saw my friends and family.

We did have a bit of an accident in our Sonata car:

" Our Sonata got run over by a Reindeer, going to Thomas's house on Christmas Eve"
" Left the windshield damaged and the front end, we did get some reindeer skin in the hood",
Our poor Sonata got runover by a Reindeer"..

No comments: