Thursday, January 18, 2007

If you have lived where snow is a everyday thing or feels it some winters this should make you chuckle. Today, in Winston-Salem, NC it snowed, not blizzard conditions just a nice light snow. Unfortunately, here people think an act like it is going to strand them for days on end. The grocery stores last night were full of people stocking up on basics. Are you kidding me? This morning I got up to exercise at 6am, ( 4 days ) and no snow nothing at all. About 7am the snow started light flakes at first, I took a picture besides going up into the mountains it is our first snow in North Carolina.

Pretty actually, as I got on the highway people were going 5 miles an hour and there were 2 accidents on Highway 40 that I was on, I believe due to going so slow. Then I turned on a Charlotte radio station and hear this: 485 and 77N are closed due to a 12 car pile up. Independence and 77S 10 car pile up, an accidents all over town. Charlotte people drive crazy to begin with add snow an it is asking for trouble. Driving in snow is not hard, just be cautious but not too slow!!

I realize they were not brought up with snow, like I was but give me a break!! I will admit if it turns to rain and becomes Icy I will be worried, black ice is the worse. I barely had "snow days" at home, here they have closed some schools and have 2 hours delays for nothing... It made me chuckle this morning coming to work seeing people driving and being so careful, an then to hear all the accidents on the radio makes me laugh. I actually was enjoying the snow it was so pretty and made the city look so like a movie as I drove toward the downtown area. I have come to realize I miss the snow, I miss the b**** about shoveling it, the hot chocolate the fireplace, snuggling up for a huge Nor'easter and not leaving the house for days... I want to move back to New England not CT more like Maine... If anyone hears of a good job in the Hospitality Industry in Maine please give a shout out!!

In the meantime enjoy the Snow, and if you are lucky enough to have snow day have a snowball fight and drink hot chocolate..

No comments: