Monday, January 29, 2007

Do you ever feel as if the older you get, the more you realize how quick life goes by? In the last 18 months, I have lost a friend I knew for well over 20 years to a house fire, an ex-boyfriend to liver disease due to alcoholism and on Sunday a 33 year old friend of mine in a senseless car accident. My friend who passed away Sunday, was a sweet, charming man who had moved back home 10 years ago from San Diego, and we became friends. He met his wife at the restaurant we all worked at an they had gotten married in 2005. When I heard the news, my first thought was for her, an then complete sadness.

He and his wife were basically just starting out, even though they had been together so long, they were creating a life together, bought a house an she is in school and work part time. It overwhelms me when I hear of another person I know dying, I am only 42 years old, why do people have to die so young? I know there is no answer, but it makes you think of what you have. My husband and I were married in 2005, what would I do or he do if something happened to the other? Life is so very short, please remember to tell your loved ones how much you care for them, because you just never know.

No comments: