Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yesterday, my mom and sister Gwynne came by my house here in the backwoods of Maine. It was nice to see my sister since I have not seen her since Christmas. My mother, of course wanted her to come see my house, so she embellished how far we are from her.

When they started out in the morning we were only 45 minutes away, then after stopping at Marshall's in Windham, she said really it is an hour away, ok, since technically at this point they are stuck due to mom is driving, about 1 hour and 15 minutes into the journey, my 11 year old nephew goes, "What do you mean it is another 20 minutes?" Nana, you said it was 45 minutes away. We are in fact 90 minutes away from her house, but due to the fog yesterday on Route 295, it was even longer.

I find this funny, because mom being herself walks in the house and wants a glass of wine because they are driving her crazy. My family always makes me smile and laugh at the same time. No matter what the circumstance, my family is funny. So, the 3 women sat at the table and caught up for about and hour, then Nephew announcing he is ready to go to Target, and puts on his shoes and walks out the door, that was the end of the visit. Then 2 hours later, I get a call mom has forgotten her life at my house, really her purse but for women same thing. Now, what do you do? Luckily, my husband was going to Portland today for work, so he and my mom will meet up to give her back her purse, I put it in his car this morning so I would not forget, otherwise we were going to have to drive that 90 minutes to get it back to her.

I love my family, especially all the fun.

No comments: