Thursday, December 04, 2008

Yesterday, we spent the day in Milwaukee,WI what a wonderful city. I am going to look there for work, the husband would have a friend in Phil and myself in his girlfriend Ellen, two of the nicest people you ever want to meet. They also love their hometown, and know the history so it was so much fun to get a guided tour, instead of us just driving around trying to figure out what to look at.

I do still have Chicago, as my ideal place to land, and up until today there really was no positions, then this morning I saw a Director of Catering position at the Elysian hotel. It is a beautiful, luxury hotel/spa in downtown Chicago. Actually they have shops, salons and residences inside this hotel/spa. I love the smaller luxury hotels for myself, they always seem to me more personal. I love working hard and in these types of hotels you are not just a number you count. I admit, I am still upset about being laid off in Maine, but I am not the only one,I have heard even my Director of Sales was laid off. I have to keep telling myself it was nothing personal, just business was down.

I have applied and am trying to get a face to face interview before we leave the area on Monday, if we have to postpone for 1 day I would do that too. Chicago, would be wonderful for us, then my husband would be closer to his contacts in the Blogger world, and some of his clients. His family lives outside of Rockford, IL so we would be close to them too. I would miss my family terribly but this is my career and I truly believe I am ready for the challenge of a Director position, if anyone would just give me a chance.

Please see us on www.uttelri.com/stephenpics and leave a comment to let us know what you think of our travel log. We will be in Chicago on Saturday, and we did have a guest hosts of Phil and Ellen in Milwaukee, in front of Kopp's which was the model for Arnold's from Happy Days...

See where we are after Saturday.

No comments: