Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 92: Yes, it has been 92 days since I had a job, and even though Hilton Head, SC is very nice, I really want/need a job. Yes, I will admit it defines who I am as a person, who contributes to society and our family.

I heard on the television news today, people talking about how many people they know who have lost their jobs and are trying to get back into the work force. I do not know the statics off the top of my head right now, but realize it is growing everyday.

I do have a phone interview today at noon for a position in Virginia Beach, VA area, and then I had someone else contact me from Indianapolis, where I have never been. I like the Virginia Beach position for many reasons, the most important being the fact it is on the East Coast. I will do both interviews and if one or both is offered then I will make my decision then. I am vrey excited that people are now calling, I always thought it would be next week, due to all the holidays will be over, so for me this is very exciting for me.

I admit, I used to say that about after the new year, but really was not so confidant. I know given a chance I can prove myself and these positions both look promising. I am not going to get my hopes up, so many people out there looking for work means more competetion for the prime positions.

The New Year is coming and I have no idea where we will be in the next year.

No comments: