Monday, November 13, 2006

Well, this weekend, I did something I never do, I actually worked around our house. I stained boards to make our book shelves. Must husband and I have almost 1,000 books between us and since the move 7 weeks ago most of our books are still in boxes. Our bookshelf now repaired stands empty, and the boards needed something, due to the 82' weather I took it upon myself to stain them.

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not coordinated or artsy in anyway. Basically, I make a mess of almost everything I try, either on myself or on the piece of material I am working on. So, I was quite surprised with myself when the boards came out half way decent. I think my husband was in shock.. I admit I never thought I would be one to want to make my home better, but due to circumstances lately, we have been spending most of our time at home, I need it to be cozier, nicer, basically as comfortable as possible.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

No comments: