Monday, November 27, 2006

Respect is the word today!! Do you say thank you and please to every person that helps you in your life?

The check out girl/guy at the grocery store? The bank teller? The front desk agent who checks you into a hotel?

My husband has instilled in me over the 3 years that I never said, thank you or please to people and he was appalled especially since I was a waitress, banquet server and restaurant manager for many years, and hated when people were not respectful of me. I now make a point of saying, thank you, please and not have an attitude with sloppy service. Bad attitude breeds bad attitude back.

Please realize people in the service industry do it because we love to work with people, and sometimes it gets really hard when the guests/client is snapping at you or yelling at you for this or that because they are having a bad day.

Smile, before you speak an realize every person deserves respect...

No comments: